Location: Jasper, AB
Job: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15 an hour
Becker’s Gourmet Restaurant
Whom to Contact: Melanie Pelletier
Full Time/Part Time $15/hr
Seasonal May-October 15th. Year round employment available for the right candidates.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow company policies, procedures and service standards.
- Always have a pleasant and positive professional image.
- Anticipate guest’s needs and provide information on food and beverage selections.
- Knowledge of all food and beverage items offered in order to assist guests with their selections.
- Set up of breakfast buffet, restocking buffet items, making coffee, and ensuring adequate levels to accommodate the volumes of breakfast guests.
- Clear, bus and re-set tables in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work with speed and dexterity in a fast-paced environment, ability to multitask and work effectively as a team.
- Take down of buffet and re-setting dining room for dinner service.
- Keep restaurant and work areas clean and in an orderly fashion.
- Always maintain a cooperative and positive attitude towards the guests and fellow team members.
- Maintain accurate guest checks, handle cash float, make accurate deposits, balance credit card and cash sales at the end of every shift.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in Health and Safety initiatives.
- Complete opening and closing duties.
- Ability to take direction.
- Able to adapt to early morning shift start times and must be punctual.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- A minimum of 1 yr experience serving in a restaurant.
- Must have sincere desire to exceed guest expectations.
- The ability to work well under pressure, high energy and self- motivated.
- Physically fit to lift, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate good organizational skills.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs.
Candidates must hold the proper work authorization to legally work in Canada.
- Staff accommodation is available to the right candidate.
- Competitive wages.
- Free breakfast buffet.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- serving: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Greeting and seating customers
- Serving food
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Answering phone calls
- Prep or side work
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Assisting kitchen, such as plating and garnishing menu items
- Cleaning duties such as stocking, sanitizing, sweeping floors, washing dishes
- Reconciling daily cash transactions